Thursday, May 31, 2007

Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen Things I learned from a Cat Bite!
1. They Hurt ~ BAD!
2. Cat Fangs look much like I would imagine a vampire bite would!
3. There is such a thing as Cat Scratch Fever (it's not just a song)
4. 80% of cat bites get infected
(YES - I am waiting for infection to set in because I could NEVER defy those odds)
5. You MUST have a tetnus shot!
6. IF they don't have their rabies shots you must collect said cat and have them quarantined and pray for the best
7. Because a RABIES shot consist of NINE shots to the BELLY!
8. This particular cat we call Hobo (her real name is Samantha - aptly named after the witch on bewitched) PRAISE GOD did have her rabies shot!
9. My Tetanus shot was NOT up to date!
10. If there is a potential that you have a disease you IMMEDIATELY develop ALL symptoms
11. Your SAID friends laugh at you and call you a ninny!
12. Tetnas shots aren't as bad as I thought (after two days of whining, crying and feeling sick at the thought!)
13. DO NOT FEED STRAY CATS!!!!



post signature

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are too funny! I told you it wouldn't be that bad. I'm glad you didn't have to be put to sleep to get your shot. Hehe! Lele

HomeSchool Mommy said...

I REALLY don't like cats, so I'm sure I won't be feeding any stray ones. LOL I'm glad the shot wasn't too bad for you, though.

FabulousLee Fun Twin Tales said...

This just proves that cats suck!

Terri said...

Hey, I love cats! We have 3 of them. They each have their own special personality. You just have to get them when their kittens! Although, I hate tetanus shots. My arm hurts for days. Glad yours wasn't too bad though.

LeslieW. said...

So, I guess you can learn from all things...even sucky things. I'm glad your "symptoms" didn't pan out! And I'm glad for Dr. Chris. I can't believe he got you to get that shot. That is a miracle in itself...I totally thought you would chicken out, or be a scaredy cat I guess I should say!

Jennisa - Avery and Livvie's Mommy! said...

OH NO! So sorry, even though you made a funny post out of it. I hate cats...

Aleah said...

We took in a stray...well from the evicted neighbor across the streets house, so not really stray, but crazy.
Sorry you were bitten. I'm sure it appreciated your kindness though ; )

Thanks for the comment
& your little girl is CUTE!