Tuesday, December 06, 2011

And the MOTHER OF THE YEAR GOES TO......

ME OF COURSE....Do you ever do sh*t that sounds like a good idea but afterwards all that crosses your mind is "WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING?!?!?!" THIS is one of THOSE moments...Annie as you all know has epilepsy...her seizures are pretty much under control but sometimes when you pick her up she has a "limp spell" she twitches a little and has no real control over her muscles - if you put her down she would fall right over...the doctors can't figure out what it is... they say neurological reflex issue - i say isn't that what you'd call a seizure? SOOOOOO...they said "let's do a 48 hour EEG to see what's happening" ME "great - it's taken 3 years to get here" OMG OMG OMG - WHAT THE HELL DID I DO?????
Would YOU want this happening to you in the BEST of circumstances?? Well ADD visually impaired, a little developmentally behind and epileptic to it... AND to top it all off she wasn't feeling well....oh yeah and she's SEVEN.. We had to restrain her little self to let them put all those nodes on her while she whaled at the top of her lungs and the technicians couldn't figure out how to work the machine they even looked for the MANUAL... HELLO - THERE'S MY FIRST and SECOND SIGN DUMB*SS!
But wow what a cool do rag and purse (yea right it was a heavy tracking machine for her to carry for 48 hours) Let's just say that she didn't quite grasp the concept so she would drop the bag and everytime it would PULL HER HEAD BACKWARDS... I think the do rag lasted about an hour and a half - the drive home was about an hour and she fell asleep... THERE'S MY THIRD SIGN...
So needless to say - my brain finally kicked in...she's too young and i can't possibly drink enough to last 48 HOURS...OPERATION LIMP SPELL was on..Mom and I wisk her to the bathroom bc she has them in there when you pick her up (after OPERATION TAKE HER IN AND OUT OF THE CAR DIDN'T work) FINALLY a limp spell (you have to press a button when it happens so they can see the time) I pressed that button - carried that child into the living room and started pulling those damn things out of her head...WE LASTED THREE HOURS TOTAL!
AHHHH...MUCH better - she was back to normal asap - i may NEVER be back to normal i had the best of intentions with the worst possible outcome well almost worst we DID catch an episode ~ I returned the machine Monday morning I told them "we lasted 3 hours" we did the best we could but this was a HORRIBLE idea and we are traumatized!!! Well I am - I don't think Annie could give a rats! It took 3 WEEKS for that glue to come out of her hair! LAWDY BE like i didn't feel bad enough! So you can all put what you thought were your winning moments back in the file, shine that trophy up and send it my way...better luck to the rest of you next year cause this was the winner..... love ~ dena MOTY 2011

post signature

5 comments:

julie said...

You had the best intentions though! You better believe we all have a LIST of things!! I worry daily if I've permanently scarred mine for life over WHO KNOWS what I've done ... I will say I flipped out last week when they spilled a ranch packet (for their mcnuggets) all over my floor board in the car - and then I pulled over to clean it and THROW the ranch across the parking lot. They were appalled I would LITER on top of acting like a fool!

Mari said...

We went through the short version of that with both Andy and Heather. Heather was older so it wasn't a big deal, but Andy was 7, like Annie. It was hard enough to do a short study!

Terri said...

You were only doing what you thought was the best for her - you are a great Mom!

Cathy said...

I agree. You are the best mom ever. God gave you that little girl, 'cause He knew it, so don't doubt Him for a minute. As moms, we just do what we think is best, make mistakes, move on and learn from them. You were trying your very best to help her. It just didn't turn out. That's all. Momma Dena rawks!!!!!

Laurie said...

Holy cow! I'm glad you got a spell recorded and it's ovah! Hopefully you will get some answers! Merry Christmas!