Saturday, March 29, 2008

Look Who came to the Ville!


































































HUGO CHAVEZ - Ooops - I mean CITGO (well isn't that the same thing?) They filmed a commercial on our town square - yes I know - excitement - except they cut off the road to the store so customers had to park blocks away - the week before Easter - it was a BIT of hassle - it was interesting to see - it took them ALLLL DAY to set up they changed the front of stores to look like hardware stores and restaurants - they "set up" a park in our park - they added lots of plants - they did try to
"compensate" me for business lost ~ Anyway the point being - there's always something going on in this place - They did pick our town out of everywhere in the US - they had a crew go through Calif, Al, NC, SC, GA - we were the greenest and the cutest
(I of course already knew that!) So look for the chavez commercial with 3 guys getting out of their car, walking in front of a restaurant and people getting paint - THAT'S US! but it was really a Ballet/Bridal store and a photo studio! that hollywood is sooo tricky!
PS - Now don't ya ALL want to move to town? Look at all your missing and the weather is GREAT!


post signature

13 comments:

Annie said...

That's so cool that your town was the cutest!

Mari said...

Your town is cute! (And warm too!) Not to mention the friendly natives!

Buffie said...

Hmmmm what's that saying??? Don't buy gas from that a--!!!! I don't...but I do say they gots good taste in picking a cute town!

Heidi said...

Cool! Stinks though that is was right before Easter and cut off access to your store! But awesome still!

jenniedub said...

So what was this "compensation"? I never see filming in my lovely hometown of Augusta unless it involves James Brown! :)

Jennisa said...

Um, yeah! I would LOVE to move! I'll call U-Haul in the morning! :)

I wish ***sigh***

Cheri said...

What an experience. I will be on the lookout for that commercial. Your town does look really cute!

Lindsay said...

fun! I will definatley look out for the commercial!

Jeffcoat House said...

Well, well. At least they "compensated" you.

LeslieW. said...

That DID stink! I had to park down the street! You been so busy, I can't believe that you are just now blogging it!

The Birds Nest said...

I thought this post was going in a whole different direction:)

Terri said...

They must have known what great people lived in that town - I want to visit them too! I guess for now, I'll just have to look at ya'll in the commercials!

Anonymous said...

You write very well.