Charles Edward Davis
1. His Faith - he had this special ability to always do the right thing - even when the rest of the world didn't - he was the true form of prosperity - He ALWAYS gave to people - The stories of all he has done are still pouring in - He did it without anyone's knowledge because he was also humble! Mom and I live for the "Did you know Charlie gave me _____?" stories!
2. His Friends - He was a revolving door (which is where I get it from) - He thrived on his friends - he was always available and thoughtful. He had a bounty of friends.
3. Knowledge - If you could imagine it Daddy had done it or researched it - People would make appointments or drop by to ask his opinion on their next move, business, or major! He has been the decision behind multitudes of life changing ventures.
4. His Temperament - He was a glass half full man - He always saw the best in a bad situation - he was even keeled to a fault. I can't remember hearing him ever raise his voice to anyone (even when I did some stupid things)
5. His generosity - There wasn't anything that man wouldn't do for a friend in need!
6. His sense of humor - He was quite possibly on of the funniest people I have ever met - Naturally, that's where I get it! The world was his stage!
7. His sense of style - He traveled gangster style - he had his suits custom made for him - The man owned THREE tuxes - he wore a jacket everyday to work - he had hundreds of shoes! His closet looked like a store!
8. Christmas - Holidays were HUGE deals at our house - There were tremendou parties with HUNDREDS of people - it was the IT party of the year. There were senators, congressmen, tv stars, govenors - if you didn't get invited - you called Daddy who always said - "of course you are invited - I sent your invite out last week"
People knew daddy wouldn't say no!
9. His personality - He made friends wherever he went - If we were on a trip - Daddy would meet people and be bestest friends with them - we had people he met on cruises calling or coming to town to see him!
10. He could fix anything - he could work on a dry cleaning machine, a boat engine and everything in between.
11. Hobbies - He was always trying something new and we would have so much fun
One time he decided to train a fighter - so he and some friends got together and "bought" a fighter - they paid for his training, matches, and living expenses
12. Adventures - He LOVED an adventure - I have been on 20 cruises, Norway, I have sailed to the Bahamas on our boat "Charlie's Angels" spent 6 weeks sailing - been to Atlantic City - Mexico - Every Island known to man - That man wanted to see the work and I was his faithful companion - all of my friends wanted to go too - he took Em and I on a cruise every year!
13. My PARENTS - There is something awesome about having two parents - those of you who have lost one understand - We as a family have never recovered because one of the vital pieces is gone - ALL of my great memories in life have the THREE of us in them!
This is always the hardest week of the year at my house - My daddy's birthday is April 18th and he lost his very short battle against pancreatic cancer on April 24th
I say he is sitting with his friends at the black jack tables - laughing and winning every hand! I can only imagine he and the Lord became fast, best friends!